* Derived from 1985 Commissioners Individual Disability Table A.
Why should you consider personal disability insurance?
- Worker’s Compensation only covers work related accidents.
- Unemployment insurance only covers 15 weeks.
- Canada Pension Plan: Are you comfortable relying on the government for a benefit that can change?
- Group and association coverage can fill a valuable role in long-term disability protection.
- Sickness and soft tissue injuries can prevent you from working
However, the benefit may be limited by the definition of disability and coverage amount.
Remember, a custom designed individual disability plan will provide you with guaranteed coverage and guaranteed premiums.
Disability rate by age and sex, Canada, 2011
Prevalence of disability among adults aged 15 years and over, by type of disability and sex, Canada, 2011